This noncredit "bridge" course provides training for Home Care Aides to transition to Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA). Upon successful completion of the course, this 32-hour training will allow the HCA to become eligible to take the Nursing Assistant Certified exam.
- Students must provide proof that they have an active Washington State Home Care Aide certification. Do NOT register and pay for this course before you have this documentation! You can get this documentation from the Department of Health website: https://fortress.wa.gov/doh/providercredentialsearch/SearchCriteria.aspx .
- Immunization: 1st Hepatitis B vaccination
- Two-Step PPD (skin tests for TB). This requires four visits to a clinic. See application for details.
- Verification of major medical insurance, or a short-term policy to cover the clinical portion of the class. A short-term policy can be purchased through www.ehealthinsurance.com.
- Background check. See application for details.
- Fall, Winter and some Spring sessions will require proof of recent flu vaccination.
- Students will need to provide their own WHITE scrub pants
- Lifting requirements and mandatory attendance as required by state law
- Current Provider/Healthcare Provider CPR Card
- Proof of completion of 7-hour HIV/AIDS training
- All materials will be provided in class.
** Please visit our website, www.wvc.edu/ced for application and details on these requirements.**