This noncredit "bridge" course provides training for certified medical assistants to transition to Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA). Upon successful completion of the course, this 36-hour training will allow the certified medical assistant to become eligible to take the Nursing Assistant Certified exam. **This bridge program is available to Washington State Certified Medical Assistants. Proof of certification is required.** CPR for Healthcare Provider training is included in the course.
** Please download the application and requirement details from our website: wvc.edu/ced **
- Students must provide proof of medical assistant certification. Do NOT register and pay for this course before you have this documentation!
- Immunization: 1st Hepatitis B vaccination
- Two-Step PPD (skin tests for TB). This requires four visits to a clinic. See details in application.
- Verification of major medical insurance, or a short-term policy to cover the clinical portion of the class. See details in application.
- Background check. See details in application.
- Proof of completion of 7-hour HIV/AIDS training
- Students will need to provide their own WHITE scrub pants.
- Lifting requirements and mandatory attendance as required by state law
- All materials will be provided in class.