The nursing assistant program at WVC provides the basics in care-giving skills for entry-level employment in healthcare. It includes instruction of personal care skills, roles and responsibilities of nursing assistants, communication skills, and safe and emergency procedures. It also includes CPR training for healthcare providers and seven hours of HIV/AIDS training as required by Washington State. Upon successful completion and evaluation by nursing faculty, students are eligible to take the certification examination for nursing assistants. This course, or its equivalent, is a prerequisite for the nursing program.
The nursing assistant course consists of classroom hours and hours of clinical instruction that will take place in the college lab and in one of the long-term care facilities that contract with Wenatchee Valley College for this purpose.
Please note: You can register for a class at anytime (space available). You do not need to complete the application before registration. Please see the individual class sessions for application due dates.
** Application and requirement details are on our website: wvc.edu/ced **
- Immunization: 1st Hepatitis B vaccination
- Two-Step PPD (skin tests for TB). This requires four visits to a clinic. (See application for details)
- Background checks. (See application for details)
- Fall, Winter and some Spring sessions will require proof of recent flu vaccination.
- Students will need to provide their own WHITE scrub pants
- Lifting requirements and mandatory attendance as required by state law