This noncredit "bridge" course provides training for medical assistants to transition to Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA). Upon successful completion of the course, this 32-hour training will allow the medical assistant to become eligible to take the Nursing Assistant Certified exam. **This bridge program is available to medical assistants who have graduated from an accredited medical assistant program. Proof of graduation from an accredited program is required.**
** Please download the application and requirement details from our website: www.ced.wvc.edu **
- Students must provide proof of graduation from an accredited Medical Assistant program. Do NOT register and pay for this course before you have this documentation!
- Immunization: 1st Hepatitis B vaccination
- Two-Step PPD (skin tests for TB). This requires four visits to a clinic. See details in application.
- Verification of major medical insurance, or a short-term policy to cover the clinical portion of the class. See details in application.
- Background check. See details in application.
- Current Provider/Healthcare Provider CPR Card
- Proof of completion of 7-hour HIV/AIDS training
- Students will need to provide their own WHITE scrub pants.
- Lifting requirements and mandatory attendance as required by state law
- All materials will be provided in class.